Wednesday, January 23, 2013

HAUL: Forever21 50% off Sale Items


Warning: This post is image heavy after the cut.

Huzzah, my first post on this blog and I got my package today! (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*

Last Tuesday on the 15th, there was a break between classes so naturally, I went to my laptop and surfed around on the Internet. And boy, did I find a sale that my wallet was happy to diet for.

For the past three years, most of my new clothes came from Forever21. Why not? Because they have really cheap clothes with decent quality and the 50% off of Selected Sale Items sale was probably the best, even better than Black Friday. Luckily I managed to snag some cheap winter tops before they went out of stock. Even if Texas will be in the 70s later, I wanted to get some sweaters...cause I barely have any!  ヽ(;▽;)ノ

I bought 10 items, totaling about $50 so I can get the free shipping. Cause shipping would have cost about the same price as an item ⊙△⊙


Pointelle V-Neck Sweater - Charcoal - Small
Regular Price: $14.80 | Sale Price: $6.99 | Final Price: $3.49
For $3.49, this was a steal. I normally wouldn't pay more than $10 for an essential but since it was so dirt cheap, I had to add it to the cart. I noticed that the seam on the edges were inside out, but since it was a Final Sale items, I couldn't return it. (´_`。) Not that I would bother cause it was only a few dollars and I would just layer over it anyways.

There seems to be a mess up with the seam.

Colorblocked Sleeve Sweater - Mint / Black - Small
Regular Price: $22.80 | Sale Price: $10.99 | Final Price: $5.49
This item was the first one that I tried on when I opened the box. It was really snuggly and warm, especially around the forearms. (●´∀`●) The photo doesn't do the sweater justice cause of the lighting (I really need to make a light box) but the sweater is actually mint!


Fleece Coat with Removable Hoodie - Charcoal - Small
Regular Price: $27.80 | Sale Price: $13.99 | Final Price: $6.99
Ok, it's fleece and will end up under $10? Instant add! I really wanted a black outerwear with a hood to replace the black bubble jacket my relatives gave me for Christmas a couple of years ago. The pockets are well hidden behind the slits. I actually forgot that the hood was detachable when I was taking the photos. The hood is attached by string loops that hook around a small button, but most likely, I'll probably be too lazy to take the hood off and leave it as is.


Faux fur trimming

Striped Hearts Open Cardigan - Cocoa / Magenta / Teal(?) - Small
Regular Price: $22.80 | Sale Price: $10.99 | Final Price: $5.49
I thought the hearts were kind of cute. If this wasn't around $5, then I might have not bought it.

Close Up



Essential Braided Knit Sweater - Ivory - X-Small
Regular Price: $27.80 | Sale Price: $13.99 | Final Price: $6.99
I think X-Small was the only size they had left by the time I got to it. To be honest, it didn't feel like a X-Small but it's a sweater so no big deal. Other news, this was a good steal. In the future, I'll have to get some nice collared shirts for this sweater to spice it up.

Hooded Cable Knit Sweater - Taupe - Small
Regular Price: $15.80 | Sale Price: $7.99 | Final Price: $3.99
It was a V-neck and under $5 so how can I not...  ಥ‿ಥ

Floral Lace Headwrap - Peach - One Size
Regular Price: $3.50
I have a weakness for hair accessories, lace and bows so I went out of the sale tab to get it. It's more of a pink than peach though but not really complaining. (◡‿◡✿)

Essential Ruffled Front Tank - Peach - Small
Regular Price: $5
Can never have too many tank tops and I have a lot of cardigans and jackets.

Plaid Jacket with Faux Shearling - Black / Red - Small
Regular Price: $22.80 | Sale Price: $16.99 | Final Price: $8.49
I am really picky about plaid colors and the line widths. I was kind of afraid to buy this; however, the jacket is super toasty. It makes a nice statement piece if I ever feel kind of lazy to pick out clothes from my drawers. The pockets are big enough to put my phone in so no worries.




Sequined Headwrap - Pink - One Size
Regular Price: I lost the tag | Sale Price: $1.99 | Final Price: $0.99
I need a one dollar filler and this was the only thing in stock. I probably will only wear it at home. щ(ಥДಥщ)

Everything without tax and discount would have been $92.72!!! But I got it to ~$50.72. So about $5 per item if you think about it!

A note to self, go beyond neutrals and get some pastels!

16 comments:

  1. congrats on your first post xD I bought stuff from the Extra 50% off sale too! haha

    & join my first giveaway if you would like!
    http://beautifulraindroplets.blogspot.com/2013/01/first-mini-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't know what to do for a first post but then the mail came ahehe.

      I'll definitely look into that!

      Delete
  2. Yay the first to follow! (^___^)
    Congrats on your first post dear!

    Really nice items you got there!

    Love,
    Michi

    http://michikokawashi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking out my blog and following me, Michi! /) v (\ I'm really honored.

      Sincerely,
      Sarah

      Delete
  3. YAY lovely pics!! I love the Floral Lace Headwrap especially!!! Keep up the really cool posts ^^

    Love Emi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you! I hope the photography was ok. The shot of the Floral Lace Headwrap is one of my favorite!

      Sincerely,
      Sarah

      Delete
  4. woo..they're pretty cheap 0-0 i wish forever 21 can open here in my town..i the stripes heart cardigan the most..and btw im ur new follower now ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of them were online so I can almost guarantee it's better quality than what I could find in-store. Most of the nice stuff they had in-store had at least one hole or a tear! (But I could sew them back up with my amateur skills.) Plus you know, people haven't worn them yet! ヽ( ´¬`)ノ

      Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  5. loving the fleece coat with removable hoodie! its right down my alley hehe

    xo; L&M
    www.twoplicates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear that coat almost everyday now! It's really warm.

      Oh, followed your blog! Food and Beauty <3333

      Delete
  6. Hello,
    I don't have a bloglovin' or lookbook cause I'm still haven't found a good lighting setup for my photos yet. But, definitely will follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving the plaid jacket, its soo cute :)

    i'm now following you! ~
    hope you can follow me black :)
    http://oliviiaaaaa.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. great haul.. I'm following your pretty blog :)
    have a nice day~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul! I went crazy during their sale, too! :)

    http://astyleinprogress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love f21 50% off sales! I go insane when I see them xD
    The plaid jacket looks so pretty and everything was such a steal! I actually bought the exact same black sweater and it's really comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 50% off is a wonderful deal for forever21! Too bad I've banned myself from buying clothes at the moment >_<
    Lovely picks! The sweaters are my favorite +_+

    ReplyDelete